Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When Will It FINALLY Effect Us?!?!

Today I watched the movie, To Save A Life. I definitely cried. This is my thing... I don't think people in this world who claim to be Christians get it yet. Because if everyone REALLY understood....wouldn't we ALL be out there DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT?! Here are the facts:

-121 million people worldwide suffer from depression.

-Untreated depression is the number one cause of suicide, and suicide is the third leading cause of death among teenagers.

When are we going to get off our butts and figure out something to do? Because so far...not many people are making an effort. It makes me SICK to my stomach when people who profess to love God and "follow after Him" can't take one moment...push aside their pride...not care what people say or think of them...and reach out to the lonely, the empty, the hurting, the lost, the searching.

As Christians, peopleCONSTANTLY talk about needing to "reach out" to others and bring people to Christ. But let's take a look for a second. Is ANYONE REALLY doing that? Taking a look at the church and the people in it... I would say no.

You may be thinking "Well I attended the outreach my youth group threw" or "I went on a missions trip this summer and told people about God."

SO WHAT?!

Let me ask you something.

Yes...you may have attended the event....but how many people didYOU HONESTLY try to bring to it? Maybe you mentioned it to them briefly...but did you take the time show them how important they are to you by convincing them to come?

And yes....missions trips areEXTREMELY awesome and important. And you may have reached out to people there. BUT WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW THAT YOU AREN'T ON THE MISSIONS TRIP ANYMORE?! Do you still go out and talk to people on the streets about God? My guess is, no.

What are we doing here people???EVERY DAY there are people in this world that commit suicide, or suffer with depression, or smoke and drink away the pain, or cut themselves. But what are we really doing to help them?

Is your answer NOTHING? It might as well be.

God is calling us out there in this world to be His heart and His love. Why is that so difficult to do? It shouldn't be. It's about time that we put aside our selfishness, our pride, or whatever else is holding us back...and SAVE A LIVE (LIVES)!

Sorry for that rant....but this topic really hits home with me. :)

God Bless,

Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment