Friday, December 25, 2009

Mind vs. Heart

quote: "For every word you say, another piece of my heart you take."

poem (written on March 17, 2009):

Do you have any idea?
Do you have any clue?
What is it about you, that leaves me speechless...
Why is it that my heart can't stop beating for you...

My heart used to be numb
But you made it have feeling again
You opened up the door to a new life
With happiness back to a ten

I've never felt so confused
Second guessing everything I do
All I know is what my heart says
And it says I have feelings for you

My mind tries to fight against it
Tries to block out how wonderful you are
All it does is epically fail
And these feelings seem so bizarre

I must accept my feelings
Accept what they are saying to me
My mind is following my heart
And my heart has been set free

The chains I used to bear
Were set loose by my hope
The hope that you will soon realize
You will need me in order to cope

I will always be here
I do not plan to leave your side
My heart and mind are yours
In each other we'll confide

No comments:

Post a Comment