Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Night of Memories and Well Learned Lessons

Last night was the night I got to spend with my old group of friends from Heritage Christian Academy. It was a blast! We ate pizza, danced, listened to music, shared memories, played games, and watched movies. While most of the group was ready to pass out, my friends (Joelle and Chelsea) and I were wide awake. So we decided to go into another room and hang out/talk. We ended up staying up the entire night talking about life, God, the church, spiritual warfare, and other random things that came up. It was one of the best conversations I've had with anyone in a long, long time. It was incredible actually.

And looking back at somethings we talked about, I have realized that every mistake I've made, every choice I went with, and everything I've learned has formed me into who I am. Yeah... I hear this ALL the time. I mean...don't we all? We always hear that our choices will decide/form us into who we will become in the future. And it's rather true. Of course, it also is a matter of perspective. You can either wallow in you're own self-pity because things go wrong...and you go through crap when you make a mistake...or people hurt you...or WHATEVER it is. OR you can get up...talk to God...and start taking baby steps toward becoming a better person through and in God. It's our choice. How we deal with the outcome of mistakes and pain from life shows our true character and our faith in God.

Also, looking back... I see that every choice I've made was the right one. Yes... I've been through SO much in my life (a lot of it/the pain was results from my own stupidity/mistakes). And a lot people would be like "Wow! That really suck you went through that." or "Man. That was stupid of you to do.". But I don't care what people say. Because looking back on my life...I can honestly say I'm proud of how it turned out. I wouldn't be the woman of God I am now. And God wouldn't be able to use me in the sames ways if my life hadn't gone the way it has/will.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

"The
outcome of your life will be determined by your outlook on life."

"The more problems you have, the more potential you have to help people."

"Trials have a way of helping us rediscover our purpose in life."

[all from In a Pit With a Lion On a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson]


These quotes are so true.
Well....that's all my thoughts for the day. Goodnight. :)

God Bless!
<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment