Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer Time is a Wondrous Time! :)

So...this summer... it has changed my life. Seriously. It started out with my missions trip (talked about in previous blog). That missions trip taught me so much. I noticed how selfishly I was living my life. I wasn't living my life for God like we are supposed to. It really stretched me. I learned a GREAT deal on that missions trip. Probably more than I ever did when I went to Peru or Mexico. Which is crazy. I always knocked the idea of going on missions trips in the US. Cuz I felt like not as much would be accomplished. But we were able to help the church we worked through and have WONDERFUL experiences while there.
After the missions trip, one of my best friends, Amanda Aurich, and I went up to Family Camp at Lake Geneva Christian Center. We went up and stayed with my parents in their camper. Also, two of my friends Mike and Jeremiah Taylor came up with us and stayed in a tent. We were there for a total of 6 days (except Mike was only there for 3). IT WAS A BLAST! Also, that is when God began His work in me. I didn't notice it at all at first. But God started using me in the most simple and unexpected ways. He has given me this incredible boldness to talk about him and His Word. He has also definitely given me His heart. I have been reaching out to people that I NEVER thought I would. It shocks me...but God is most definitely transforming me. It's SO exciting! I can't wait for each new day to see what He'll do next. I am so full of joy all the time. Not happiness from friends, or family, or any earthly thing. PURE JOY! :)
Also, this past Sunday night I attended a service at the DSMI building in Crystal, MN. It is a ministry that the evangelist from Australia put together. His name is Doug Stanton (check out his website: http://www.dsmi.org). I can barely even describe to you my experience there Sunday night. The worship was INCREDIBLE!!! The words shared by Doug's brother-in-law (a missionary to Figi) and by Doug were just outstanding. And the healing part of the service afterward was awesome. I am not aware of anyone being healed on the spot, but God was DEFINITELY working there. I didn't think I'd ever see my faith increase in such an amount in one night...but it for sure happened after that service Sunday night. I encourage EVERYONE to go there some time. It's wonderful. And it's a great ministry.
It's so amazing what God is doing in my life. I simply can't wait to see what He will keep doing in and through me! :)

God Bless!
<3 Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment