Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Introducing...Disaster Path, Becka Dibble Photography, and God! :)

So this is a VERY short post. I suppose I just want to do some advertising for my favorite local band! They are called Disaster Path.

They are 6 of the coolest guys I've probably ever met in my life. They are hilarious and super talented. I love going to their shows and hearing the talent God has blessed them with. Of course... you have to have a taste for screamo/hardcore music. But if you do... then PERFECT! Even if you don't... check 'em out anyways. At least their blog on their myspace with the lyrics.

I have had the opportunity to do a photo shoot for these guys. It was a BLAST! Even though we didn't fit in enough time to full band pictures (that will be an upcoming photo shoot), we got some great individual shots. But during that time, I feel like I got to laugh, hang out, and just have fun with them. Even though we didn't talk much... I still feel a lot closer to those guys afterwards.

I encourage you to check them out! I'd love it...and I'm sure they would too!!! :) And come to an upcoming show (although I don't know if they have any scheduled right now...but whenever they do...come to one!). Then you can truly see their hearts for God and just get to know them better. Because they are fantastic!


Click on this picture. It'll take you to their myspace. :) [Yes, I took these pictures and put this picture together]




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all that being said... I will talk a little about what I've been up to.
There isn't much going on in my life right now actually. I just recently made a page on Facebook for my photography. When putting it up... I really didn't have much intention of doing much with it. But apparently... so much for that! (haha) Two days after I put it up, I offered to take picture of my friend Amanda and her sisters to help grow my portfolio and for practice. Not long after I put them up, my friend Mike asked me about my hobby (photography). It ended up...that Disaster Path (Mike is the leader singer of the band) needed someone to take pictures for their photo shoot. I was super nervous...but I agreed. And it was AWESOME (like I said above.. I can't wait for the second one)! Now, I am also going to be taking picture's of my friend's nephew in a couple days. And I am having people ask me to take their senior pictures and such things. It's so GREAT! I wasn't expecting anything to happen out of such a simple thing like putting my pictures up on Facebook and making a fanpage for them. But it did. And I can't begin to express how excited I am being able to take pictures for people. I LOVE IT!!!

Also...even though there hasn't been a significant thing I have learned or a BIG experience lately where I encountered God... I just feel like I have been growing closer to Him. Just everything around me brings me back to Him and I can't get enough. God is just SO amazing and great. I'd come up with better words...only there aren't human words that I can say that would do Him justice.

Well...that's basically all I have today. If you wanna check out my facebook page and look at my portfolio (even though it is still small)...click on this picture.





Love you all! And God Bless,
Becka :)

No comments:

Post a Comment