Monday, September 6, 2010

First Vespers (of school year 10-11)

Hey guys! Short update for you. :)

So Sunday night [9/5/10] was the first night of Vespers at Bethel University for the school year. Originally I had planned not to attend it, seeing as I had not gone to DSMI for two weeks and figured I should go there instead. But during worship at DSMI...something just felt wrong. I felt like I was in the wrong place. I was able to worship...but I had a feeling in my heart that DSMI wasn't where I was supposed to be that night. The place was packed, and everyone was on fire for God. But for some reason... my heart didn't feel content being there. So before worship was over, I left. At first I wondered if I was just being selfish wanted to attend Vespers with friends instead of being at DSMI...but then I felt comfortable with my decision. And then I was saying that I wasn't suppose to go because I didn't have enough money for gas. But it turned out that my friend Jordan was able to drive me. So everything was falling into place for me to go to Vespers.

It turns out...that I honestly think I made the right choice in going to Vespers. It was INCREDIBLE. The worship was amazing...the vibe and excitement and positive expectations were overwhelming...the words the head worship leader shared were just right with what I needed to hear... just everything fell into place like I choose correctly. I encountered God hardcore during that Vespers. Last school year, there was only one other Vespers night that I could remember that ran over time that I was there for[well...LONG time over]. And that was a night that really broke me and effected me. I definitely won't forget that night. But this last Sunday night, it was very similar. We went 45 minutes over normal time. Although, it seriously didn't feel like it. When they ended, I thought to myself that it was only 11. But when I looked at the clock I was shocked. Time had gone by so fast. It really only felt like I was there for only about 30 minutes (IF THAT!). God really started to mend me during this first Vespers. And I CAN'T WAIT to see how else God will work in me soon! I'm excited. :)

Well...that's all really for now. Just thought I'd share that.
God Bless,
:) Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment