Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday Wishes, Blessings, and Struggles

Hey guys! So here is a short update.

This past Sunday (9/26) was my 19th birthday. It was AMAZING! I seriously have the greatest friends in the whole world. The night couldn't have been any better. At first it was kinda boring...as I was on the phone trying to help my friends Tyler and Ashley find their way around downtown. Took like 10 minutes. FINALLY they met up with us...and the small group of us headed for the Applebees in Block E. The walk there was a lot of fun. We were all hyped up and just goofing off...all getting comfortable and acquainted with each other. Finally, we reached Applebees and sat down. Of COURSE...the first thing my friend Mike Jackson says to the waiter is that it was my birthday. Go figure right? So, we are all sitting and eating our food....but DEFINITELY not boring. We are all laughing our heads off every like...10 seconds for a random reason. Not a dull moment. I'm pretty sure everyone in there thought we were nuts college kids. ;) Then... YET AGAIN... Mike Jackson decides to start up my embarrassment AGAIN. He starts my whole group of friends to sing "Happy Birthday" to me SUPER loud. It was SOO embarrassing. Especially since when it got to the "happy birthday dear, Becka...", Tyler yells out "THAT'S BECKA!" and points to me. Pretty sure my face was REALLY RED. But all in all, that night was unforgettable...and probably the BEST birthday I've ever had. I owe all the joy and fun to my AWESOME friends: Mike J, Michael T, Tyler, Ashley, Amanda, and Megan.

So, about a week ago, I posted a note on my Facebook saying "Thank You" to my close friends in my life. Writing that note brought me to tears, because I began to realize that I have so much to be grateful for in my life. Even though other things seem to be going wrong, I have those friends to always count on and have a great time with. But then reading it again... I realized there was one person that I didn't even think of thanking. That person was God. There I was thanking all the important people in my life for their impact and presence in my life...and I didn't even once stop to think about God. In reality, God is the ONLY person I should be thanking. He is the one who blessed my life with those friends, the one who got me my job, the one who continuously gets me out of messes life throws at me...but He barely gets any glory and credit from me.
What kind of daughter am I?
If you ask me...a pretty lousy one.
God continues to look after me and bless me...even when I completely forget about Him. When my focus begins to shift to everything else but Him, He is still there planting blessing, after blessing, after blessing in front of me. I owe Him EVERYTHING I am and have. Because I am nothing without Him. Absolutely nothing.
Recently... I've been having a few issues in my faith. I haven't been to church in like 3 weeks...and my spirit and heart weren't longing for more of God. I wasn't reading my Bible...or praying...or doing devotions...nothing. I felt BEYOND dry. It wasn't til like 2 days ago that I finally told someone about it. I talked to my friend briefly... and he indirectly showed me what was wrong. I hadn't been to DSMI in like... a month and a half. And that was the place where I always feel connected to God. So, my plan is to start attending again...ASAP. Because I can't stand feeling away from God...it makes me feel to empty and like there isn't anything to live for. So, if you read this...please pray for me. That'd be awesome. :)

Thanks guys! Love you all. And God Bless.
-Becka :)

1 comment:

  1. really good Becka. Thanks for updating. I will be praying

    ReplyDelete